We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags, and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to BMI Telecom or a long-time customer, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us. This is important; we hope you will take the time to read it carefully.
Bear in mind, if you are using BMI Telecom services on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company likely has its policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of any BMI Telecom services. Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by your account owner or administrator. Please check with your employer or account administrator about the policies in place regarding your communications.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all our customers – from figuring out basic stuff like which pages on the website you visit, to more complex things like which of our services you use the most.
Information we need
For us to process your order, we need to know
- Your name
- Email address
- Delivery address
- Credit/debit card details
Cookies and similar technologies
We may use technology to track the patterns of behavior of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings. The information we collect by using cookies is used to improve our website, and we never sell this data to third parties.
How we use the information we collect
We use the data we collect from all our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve these services, to develop new ones and to protect BMI Telecom and our customers. We do not sell your data to third parties.
When you contact BMI Telecom, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use anonymized information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags and Google Analytics, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of BMI Telecom unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent:
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside BMI Telecom when we have your permission to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For external processing:
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside BMI Telecom if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, or disclosure of the data is reasonably necessary to:
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Meet any applicable law, regulation or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
We work hard to protect BMI Telecom and our customers from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- When you enter credit card information to the BMI Telecom website our secure servers ensure that all details are encrypted at your browser before they are sent to us.
- During the order process, we store your personal details on in-house secure servers.
- We store credit card details separately on servers that are not reachable from the Internet. The servers are physically secured under a locking system.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to BMI Telecom employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined, or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance with data protection and related regulations
We are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws including the Data Protection Act (DPA, 1998), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR, 2003) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, 2018).
As a Data Controller, we try to be open about our holding and use of your personal data. It also entitles you to find out from us what personal data we hold on you, to have that information corrected or erased if it is inaccurate, and to claim compensation if you can prove you have suffered damage from inaccuracy or breach of security.